Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Latest....as of 6/17/09


Well, it's been quite a week here. Nothing terribly exciting but busy to say the least. Jared left us for Scout camp on Monday and won't be back home until Friday evening. He was a bit nervous when he left and so was Mom. I wanted to make sure he had everything he needs, etc... While I'm sure he'll be enjoying the trip and may or may not get homesick, I sure do miss him here and I never seem to stop looking for him around the house.



Yesterday Jason and I made the trip to Monroe, LA. Two hours of ALONE time. YAY!! Maybe if we hadn't had to wake up at 4AM it would have been a more talkative trip down there. Once we got there, we had special permission to pick up Elders Harding and Hansen and take them out to breakfast. We really enjoyed our special time with the two of them. Ya'll may remember Elder Harding as being a major Carris family fav. So, everytime I have to go to Monroe on business, I usually schedule something with him and his new companion. Yesterday Elder Harding reminded me it's been almost six months since he served here in our ward. Where does the time go?

With business matters attended to and the Elders fed to capacity! Elder Hansen can really eat!!LOL Jason and I headed back home. Now I don't know why it happens but everytime I am in Monroe I come home with a sinus headache. Allergies to something there, I suppose, but this time was a bit different. We pulled out of Monroe at about 1130am headed towards home (actually Minden first..explained later) with my headache fully onboard. EEK! Every bump in the road felt as if it were a knife entering my skull and tylenol wasn't touching it. So here we go. Great I begin running a temp.

Finally make it into Minden so Jason can see the foot doctor for a problem he's having at 2pm. You see, we're really trying to adopt a new lifestyle. With that comes some bumps and bruises. We are ok with this. We just didn't know about the blisters that would come on as part of our efforts to change our existence.

You see, Sunday, Jason, the children and I walked. Jason set the pace and off we went on a 5 mile trek. We really enjoyed our time and goofed off together as I struggled to keep up with my leggy children as they breezed by me in lock step with their father. Sheesh! I felt a little like a troll trying to keep up but I managed it without a trip to the ER and afterwards we all felt great! Except Jason. Jason had a sore spot on the ball of his left foot that was giving him some real pain. Upon taking off his shoes we encountered a blood soaked sock and a blister 2.5cm by 1.5cm deep enough to be classified as a stage 2 pressure sore. So, we dealt with it the best we could on Monday and Tuesday he HAD to see the doc. It was obviously getting infected despite my best efforts to keep a sterile dressing on it, clean, etc...

He sees the doc, and off we go to the house to sleep for two hours before he works the nightshift replumbing a kitchen at a nursing home and I go on exchanges with a fever. It was an enjoyable evening, Sister Heaton and I got to visit at length with two less than active families of our ward. It was a fun and exciting time. Once we got back to our meeting place to meet the other sisters, forty-five minutes late. I was ready to crash, so we chatted for a bit, and off to home I went.

And Crash I did........I hugged my children, prayed a short prayer, asked my hubby for a blessing which he did give me...(insert shocked expression here)......and for which I am very thankful!! And I slept....woke up this morning still a bit out of sorts, (as though ya'll can't tell from the drugged rambling in this post.)

OK...on that note.....I'm out! Hope you all have a blessed day!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey - here's hoping you're still around -- miss your two-cents and finding out how you are every now and again!

    -W

    ReplyDelete